Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2.....

Today is the 2nd day I've been on the medifast diet and it was pretty easy.  I did have a little trouble getting everything in.  I stupidly left my house to run some errands with NO meals / shakes with me. So, from 12-3, I didn't eat anything. On medifast, you are supposed to eat 5 of their meals a day and 1 lean / green meal that you make.  So, when I got home at 3, I ate a bar.  Left for my daughters 2 hour cheer / tumble class and took 2 bags of pretzels with me to make up for 2 more meals.  I still need to eat one more (shake) which I'll make in a minute. When I weighed this a.m., it was 193.8....that's a lot of water weight in one day. That tells me I was really retaining, and probably quite dehydrated. So far, it isn't bad at all.  I am ordering new foods and am actually quite excited to try them. I also found a great blog from a very inspiring lady that lost 100 lbs on medifast.  Her blog is called "escapefromobesity"....I'll be reading it daily for motivation, I think.  This weight loss endeavor started for me now because I have a wedding I'm attending Jan 19th that I want to look better for.  So, I need to lose a little quickly. However, it's changing for me....I really just want to get it all off and try to keep it off.  Today, was the same chocolate shakes, peanut butter crunch bars, and cinnamon pretzels. I should have some new food, soon.  For lean / green, I made cucumber, tomato, lettuce salad with balsamic and grilled chicken.  We also grilled some portobello mushrooms and they were excellent!  I only used fat free italian dressing for a marinade and they were so good....  So, I'll write again tomorrow night.  I hope I have a loss in the a.m. but even if I don't, it's all good.....for, I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment